Monday, February 1, 2010

Sample Ceiling Exhaust Fans I Have A Popcorn Ceiling Which May Be Asbestos, And My Son Scraped Some Of It With His Toy, How Do I Clean It?

I have a popcorn ceiling which may be asbestos, and my son scraped some of it with his toy, how do I clean it? - sample ceiling exhaust fans

I live in an old house for rent, you have popcorn ceilings in all rooms and, more recently, asbestos has been a certified technician to come and see a sample of popcorn from the ceiling, if they contain asbestos, I 'm still waiting for results. Now my child has a little scratch in the area of bunk beds, I'm very worried if they contain asbestos, how can I clean the room and clothing around the area? I immediately took my children in this room.
Please give me honest answers.
Concerned mother ~!

1 comment:

HyperDog said...

First, if the material contains asbestos, are present in very small amounts, less than 5% and less in general. With this difficulty in the first place in the fiber and long, not short, like dust particles cause health problems such as mesothelioma in exposed workers to asbestos.

Scrape the material from a ceiling to put little or a lot of dust. If one of the fibers are not cowards, they are easily trapped in the walls of the nose, and very probably not deep, produced in the lungs as microscopic particles of asbestos workers were exposed to penetrate.

In addition, asbestos workers who are affected, most of them have worked for large amounts of dust without respiratory protection.

I washed the bedding set, damp mop, smooth surfaces and vacuum the rest. If you are really nervous because of the small amounts of asbestos, to escape from the exhaust vacuum could open a window in the room, and put a fan blowing into the air. If the empty container-TYnamely, the position to blow the exhaust out of the window.

Of course, nobody is in the business of asbestos likely to say they should hire you, or make one of his brothers to a complete withdrawal of the existing landfill and remove at the request of the owner to complete the ceiling texture. But I assure you, these are limits any risk to health, and small scratches are not an emergency, and no need to call the hazardous materials team.

Post a Comment